EXFO - OX1-PRO-MI-88
Optical Explorer has been designed from the ground up to tackle the challenges ahead and simplify testing. Optical Explorer allows streamlined procedures that reduce delays and escalation costs on the field while freeing up expert technicians to focus on more relevant tasks.
Optical Explorer is the industry’s first optical fiber multimeter (OFM), a new purposebuilt category of tools empowering frontline techs to effectively carry out installation, activation and repair operations. Optical Explorer speeds up link health verification with embedded fault tracking—all in one single-ended test that’s quick and easy.
To cope with the increasing volume of fiber being rolled out, Optical Explorer has been designed from the start to equip large crews of frontline technicians:
- Optimized for utmost user experience. It is highly intuitive and easy to use for any technician regardless of experience in fiber optics or other technologies (such as copper or DSL).
- Designed to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) throughout the product life cycle by cutting all hidden costs.
Optical Explorer determines overall link quality and tracks potential faults, this in turn helps to boost work efficiency and quality for frontline techs. Unlike traditional instruments in their toolbox, Optical Explorer won’t leave field technicians blind to faults. Instead, Optical Explorer introduces new capabilities that break boundaries to redefine the role of field technicians. Each technician gets more autonomy to solve issues, enabling a leaner troubleshooting process that doesn’t require several technicians with various skills.
While displaying insertion loss (IL), optical return loss (ORL) as well as fiber length under a few seconds and in one single-ended process requiring no referencing, Optical Explorer also looks for potential faults. It won’t waste precious time on good links, but if a fault is suspected, Optical Explorer will automatically explore further and diagnose the fault, if applicable.
- Displays fiber link KPIs (length, loss, ORL and power) in under 3 seconds, through single-ended testing
- On-the-spot detection and location of common causes of failures using EXFO’s patent-pending Fault Explorer
- Intelligent device:
- No settings required
- Contextual wavelength auto-selection
- Built-in expertise to interpret link KPIs with patent-pending
- EXFO Advisor (5-star ranking system)
- Built-in power checker and light source
- Standalone go/no-go tester for day-to-day installation/repairs or paired with EXFO’s TestFlow mobile app for cloud-storage and full documentation of your jobs
- Save on cost of ownership: lifetime calibration, no factory returns thanks to our patent-pending Click-Out optical connector
- Rechargeable battery for over 10 hours of use on a single charge
- Verification and troubleshooting of any singlemode fiber link up to 40 km (point-to-point)
- FTTx service activation: GPON, EPON, XPGS-PON, 10GE EPON
- FTTx last mile installation and repair, including in-service testing
- Last mile/access network installation and repair
- MDU installation
- Fiber health check-up
- Power level testing
- Insertion loss and ORL testing
- Fiber break location
- Fault identification and location (splices, connectors, macrobends)
|Wavelength [nm]||1310, 1550, 1650|