Centrally and remotely managed OTDR instrument for auditing, troubleshooting and continuously monitoring FTTx optical fibers.
EXFO - Nova Fiber
Nova Fiber provides end-to-end link testing, diagnostic and proactive monitoring for any type of fiber network, including passive optical networks (PON) in the FTTP context. This OTDR-based technology, characterized by EXFO's built-in intelligence and automation, delivers greater efficiency and ease of use, without cutting back on performance and flexibility. Nova Fiber mobile application empowers FTTP field technicians to remotely trigger OTDR tests. This is orchestrated via a cloud-native application server. From end-to-end link loss measurements, to link continuity, OTDR link quality check is done at the touch of a button with contextual guidance such as expected loss budget available for users on the spot. The solution's cloud-native management software is referenced as FMS (Fiber Management System). It is an innovative platform to control the remote test units, namely RTU-2 (for P2P and PON) and FG-750 (for P2P) based on containers and microservices technology.
- Smaller, denser and more scalable: OTDR and 1024 ports fit in 3U height
- Recognized EXFO quality: FTBx-735C high-end OTDR module
- Optional 1x4 FTBx-9160 optical switch module for dual-stagescaling of test ports
- MPO connectors: Less connectors, less issues. 16x less connections than other vendors
- Up to 4 switches per RTU (1024 ports)
- iOLM-ready: intelligent and dynamic application for simple OTDR use
|Category||ICT - Fiber Optics|
|OTDR Modularity||Remote test unit|